Beef Tips Air Fryer
Beef Tips Air Fryer – the best way to cook beef tips. Beef is a great low-carb, high-protein alternative to traditional steak or roast beef. They can be cooked in a variety of ways, but our favorite is the beef tips air fryer! In this blog post, we will share our favorite recipe for beef tips air fryer style. So get ready to enjoy a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love!
There are so many different types and brands of air fryers out there that it’s difficult to choose the perfect one.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a countertop convection oven that, because of its small cooking area, high heat, and efficient fan to send heat throughout the food, crisps or browns foods more effectively than any standard convection oven.
If you’ve ever attempted to crisp things in the oven only to discover that they were burnt or browned too soon, an Air fryer will be like manna from heaven!
Due to the high temperature and a decent fan that distributes heat equally all around the food, the outside is crispy while the inside isn’t overcooked. So, in essence, it’s like a deep fryer without using a lot of oil or grease, or like a super broiler that cooks foods uniformly all around.
Beef Tips Air Fryer
Making beef tips air fryer rather than any other kitchen equipment such as oven, grill, broiler, cast iron skillet, etc has several advantages. My favorite is that there is minimal clean-up. If you’re going to cook the beef tips in a cast iron pan, you’ll need to turn on your stove fan since it’ll get smokey. It will also cover everything around the skillet within 2 feet in a layer of grease splatter.
Everything is kept in the air fryer’s sealed basket when using an air fryer. So you still get all of the great steak bite tastes (burning/browning and everything) without having to worry about a grease shower.
The greatest feature of the air fryer is that it cooks beef tips uniformly, resulting in meat that has less fat and is more tender. When you brown ground beef or beef tips in an oven, there’s a good chance that all of the flavors will concentrate where excessive caramelization occurs. As a result, the air fryer’s benefit is that you may obtain a nice browning on the outside while yet retaining all of the juiciness within your favorite steak, without having to clean up any part of your entire kitchen.
The secret to this dish’s delicious flavor is the use of red wine, which brings out the natural sweetness of beef. It also works because it provides a rich and deep taste that truly contrasts well with tarragon’s light and fresh qualities. In addition, you’re simply using a tiny quantity of oil (1 tsp per 1.5 lbs of beef) instead of having to cover the pan in oil for a standard beef tips recipe.
I hope you like this dish as much as we do!
Air Fryer Beef Tips Recipe
Beef tips Marinade Ingredients
- Spices: I make my own special blend of spices for the marinade, but you’re welcome to use your own favorite combination.
- Beef: This dish features ribeye steak, but new york strip or any other cut will do.
How to cook beef tips
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Season the steak tips with herbs and spices and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the steak pieces on the frier’s bottom and cook on one side, then turn them over and add asparagus.
Tips on how to cook Beef in the air fryer basket:
- When using the air fryer, keep in mind that you don’t want to overcrowd the basket. The more space there is between each steak bite, the more hot air may circulate, resulting in a nice crust all around.
- You can – if you wish – pre-marinade the meat. If you do, don’t add any salt until just before serving.
- Trim any connective tissue or big clumps of fat from the meat.
Air fryer Steak Tips
Beef Tips Air Fryer. Photo credit: freepik.com
The Air Fryer is an excellent way to prepare steak bites. The seasonings are used to ensure that the tips are well seasoned and deliciously cooked in the air fryer. When cooking steak tips over high heat, the distinctive charring that occurs adds to the taste and makes this a favorite method of preparing steak bites.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories: 526g, Fat: 34g, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 49g.
Cooking & Prep Time: 15 minutes
Beef chuck or ribeye (1.5 lb steak) cut to 3/4 inch cubes.
Recipe Card For Marinade
- Garlic – 1/2 tsp (powdered)
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper, (freshly ground)
- Montreal Steak Seasoning – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 tsp (powdered)
- Cayenne pepper – 1/8 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Asparagus, trim the tough ends (you can use spears of zucchini as an alternative)
- 1/2 tsp oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the easy air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Unless you’re not worried about fat, remove any fat from the steak and cut the steak into cubes. Toss with the marinade ingredients – salt, olive oil, black pepper, onion, Montreal seasoning, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Massage them evenly into the meat. For easier cleanup, do this in a ziplock bag, this is one of the most useful marinate steak tips you will come across.
- It is a great idea to spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with nonstick spray if you have any and spread the prepared meat along the bottom of it. Cook the beef for 4 – 6 minutes, or until done. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the meat and the temperature at which you are air frying.
- Stir the asparagus with 1 tsp oil and some pinch of salt until permeably distributed. You can also add some red pepper flakes and use melted butter instead of oil if you wish to enhance the nutrition serving of the food.
- Remove the air fryer basket from the pan and drain any excess fat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the steak bites from the pan, add them to one side, and toss them about. Place the asparagus on the other side of the basket and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus and steak tips to a serving plate and serve while hot. Serve with Worcestershire sauce for maximum flavor.
It’s fine to open the air fryer at any time to check on the meat. After about 4-5 minutes of cooking, open the air fryer and examine it to make sure it has browned as you like; then continue cooking for a few more minutes, or turn the steak pieces and add the asparagus right away. Now you can use your air fryer to cook steak and enjoy it as you like!