An air fryer can undoubtedly make your life easier and healthier. But a lot of people wonder, if you can cook two things at once in an air fryer ? Not only that, it can allow you to reduce your monthly grocery bills as well.
Your consumption of oil can reduce drastically. However, there are a few myths surrounding air fryers. Only when you know how to use them accurately can you benefit from them.
One such question that puzzles many consumers is that can you cook two things at once in any fryer? I will answer this question below. sdfsdfsdfsd
Can you cook two things at once in an air fryer?
The answer is yes; you can cook two things at once in any fryer. There are three ways for the same, using a divider, coupling similar ingredients, and stacking. I will go into the details of these three techniques below.
- Using a divider: Many air fryers come with a divider. The divider essentially bifurcates the basket in which you are frying or cooking things. Once you get bifurcations, you can easily separate both the ingredients and get their distinct taste as well. That will allow you to cook two things at once.
The two things will not come in contact with each other. Not only that, if one of the ingredients is not up to the mark and breaks or splits up while frying or cooking, it will not impact the other.
The convenience which a divider provides is enormous. It can certainly make the air fryer more user-friendly and time-saving gadget for you.
If your air fryer does not come with a divider, you can buy it separately. Of course, you will have to consider the size of the air fryer basket and, after that, choose one.
However, finding the compatible divider online for your air fryer is not a difficult task.
- Coupling similar ingredients: Since the air can move around even after stacking, even cooking is undoubtedly possible. On the other hand, cooking multiple such ingredients in a single go can save you a lot of time. You will not be required to buy a bigger or an additional fryer.
Related Article: The best way to stack food in an air fryer
Many times, the ingredients which you need to cook are quite similar. For example, you might need to fry French fries and potato wedges. Both require the same amount of oil as well as the same temperature.
In that case, you can simply put them into the air fryer basket together. You will not even need a divider.
Coupling such similar ingredients can make it easy to use the air fryer. Such coupling can also help you when preparing large quantities of food for a get-together.
While preparing for such events, you cannot wait for the air fryer to cook one ingredient perfectly and, after that, cook another one.
Coupling similar ingredients in such a case can make your life easier without much of an hassle.
- Stacking: If the ingredients you are cooking are bulky, like chicken wings, croquettes, and so on, you can stack them one upon another. The uneven shape of these ingredients ensures that there is plenty of space for the air to move around.
Thus, the answer to the question, can you cook two things at once in a your air fryer is a yes. There are three ways in which you can do so.
You need to follow a few tips to do so. Only when you follow these tips you can retain the taste of the individual ingredients and not mix up the taste.
Can you stack things in an air fryer?
Yes, you can certainly stack things in any fryer. However, there are a few tips that you need to follow while doing the same.
- Stack uneven shapes: you have to foremost understand that if you're stacking up foods of similar shape, there will be no space for the air to move around. If the air does not move around perfectly, it will result in uneven cooking.
Uneven cooking can undoubtedly increase your work rather than decreasing it.
- Stack small pieces: if possible, you have to stack up only small pieces. It is easy to have gaps in between when you stack up small pieces. That once again provides plenty of space for the air to move around and cook the food. In case the air does not move around or circulate, the air fryer's efficiency will decrease. That will require you to use the air fryer for more time or cook the food and evenly. If the food is unevenly cooked, it will become difficult for you to remedy the situation.
Once you follow these two tips, it is easy for you to cook different things in an air fryer by stacking them up.
How much food can you cook in a 2-quart air fryer?
In a 2-quart air fryer, you can cook six chicken wings. If you're cooking vegetables, you can cook for two people. Whichever way you consider, it is suitable for cooking food for 2 to 3 persons.
Can you mix food in an air fryer?
You can mix foods in an air fryer only if they are small. If you cook large foods like fish fillets and steak, those will touch the sides. The parts which will touch the side will be colorless and soggy.
If the foods are small, like fries and wedges, you can easily mix them at the center. Another thing which you have to keep in mind is that the foods should be similar. For example, you can mix fries and wedges.
However, you cannot put fries and fish fillets in the same air fryer as they require different cooking time.
You have to consider this factor and cook in an air fryer accordingly.
In my opinion, you can undoubtedly cook two or more things at once in an air fryer. However, you have to use the right technique, with the right equipment and separators to do so.
Moreover, not every food can be put in at the same time in the air fryer. Once you follow my guide above, it will become easier for you to cook in an air fryer and save time.