What Does Air Fried Food Taste Like? 4 Delightful Facts
When looking for an air fryer, you may wonder what does air fried food taste like. An air fried food in an air fryer cooks fast and provides crispy edges making it all the more delicious.
However, if you are aiming for anything comparable to traditional deep-fried food, you will likely not get it with an air fryer. In short, an air fryer doesn't taste like deep-fried food.
What does air fried food taste like?
A clear answer is that it tastes like oven-baked extra-crispy food. How so? Air fryers act like small convection ovens. They function by consistent hot air circulation encircling the placed food.
There is a perforated basket in which you place your food. The perforations help in an airflow all over, under, and sides of your food to cook.
A little dab or light brushing of a little oil over the food placed within will help crisp your food. This is also essential to avoid any dehydration and resulting food becoming hard rather than being crispy.
When it comes to fried frozen foods, an air fryer reheats your food like fish sticks or tater tots. The food is crisp and tastes very good and almost close to fried food.
Air fried food in an air fryer is meant to fry without any fattening oils, unlike deep-fried foods. The resultant food has about 80% lesser fat as compared to deep-fried food or other fryers.
The food tastes delicious and is moist inside as the crispiness remains outside due to hot air circulation within the air fryer. The food with deep-fried and air frying has identical moisture content and color. However, they have variant textures and taste sensors.
Apart from this, the way you cook the food in an air fryer can add or decline the taste of the food. Avoid overcrowding the basket to get even cooking and prevent soggy spots.
Recommended Article: Can You Cook Raw Chicken in an Air Fryer?
Is air fried food better for you?
Air fried food is better for you in most of the aspects.
- Air fried food is healthy as it is not deep-fried in oil.
- It slashes the food calories by 70 percent to 80 percent.
- The food comprises of lesser fat content.
- Air fried food cuts down the adversities that can arise due to oil frying.
- Air fried food needs only a fraction of oil, and so you can have healthy meals with identical textures and flavors.
- Air fryer minimizes oil consumption and thereby prevents the danger of heart issues or enhanced inflammation rates.
- Air fryers eliminate harmful compounds such as acrylamide, which are present in fried foods. These compounds are created in carb-rich foods when cooked on high heat, such as deep frying. This harmful compound is seen to be reduced in fried potatoes by about 90 percent.
- An air fryer can fry a lot better than an oven.
- An Air fryer can roast, bake, stir fry, roast and broil your food.
- It is convenient to use while adjusting the cooking time and temperature. Flip the food in between for even cooking.
- It is also convenient to clean up as the food doesn't stick or overflow due to non-stick coating and easy to remove basket/pan.
However, it is also essential to note that an air fryer may not be better for some things such as fish/meat frying. This is because air frying fish can release and enhance COPs-cholesterol oxidation products.
When fish or meat cholesterol breaks down, COPs are generated, resulting in heart issues, artery hardening, cancer, and other issues. You can lower COPs by adding in chives or parsley, or both due to antioxidants' presence.
It is also seen to cease omega-3 fatty acids within fish, which are good fats. They enhance good HDL, protect your heart, and enhance good HDL.
Recommended Article: How to Stack food in an Air Fryer?
Do air fryers make food crispy?
Yes, air fryers make food crispy. Air Fryers fry the food with hot air circulation all around the food. This makes the food crispier outside while cooking and keeping the internal food moist.
Brush a little oil for perfect crispiness and color. A crispy texture and golden color can be easily obtained using an air fryer. They will stimulate fried food without any burnt smell and mess while keeping the food healthy without any negativities of a deep oil fried food.
Some tips to make your food crispier in an air fryer are:
- Avoid overloading your food within an air fryer for even and crispy cooking.
- Adjust the right cooking time and temperature to fry the food within. Too low heat will not give you crispiness in your food. Right timing is equally essential.
- Brush a little oil on the food to make the food crispy. Avoid using too much oil as it will make your food soggy instead of crispy.
Is an air fryer worth the money?
An Air fryer costs a minimum of 60 dollars up to 100 dollars. Some other high-end models can even reach 200 dollars. So, is an air fryer worth the price? This is subjective. If you have a convection oven, then you may not need an air fryer.
However, if you are looking for a healthy version, portable, easier fried food, reheating of food, and other multiple applications, an air fryer can be considered worth the money.
If you are a beginner, consider a reasonably priced air fryer for your regular jobs of air frying. The worth also is measured with the number of serves you make with an air fryer. Air fryer gives even and healthy cooking, so your usage measures its worth.
If you plan to get an air fryer, your question on what does air fried food taste like is no more a worry. You are sure to get a crispier and healthier version with air fried food. However, it may not be as satisfying as with the deep-fried crunch.
If you have a family of big size, an air fryer may not be as sufficient. However, if you are preparing plenty of small batches, then an air fryer can help. The air fryer doesn't spread heat, and no-spill, no-mess food is prepared. For healthier, no-fat/minimal fat food, head to purchase an air fryer.